Rockport and RAM . . .

We’ve had a lot of rain the last couple of days around here. I figure though, it’s just passing through heading down to Rockport and Mission, looking for Nick. And apparently, they’re lining up to get a whack at him, because we’re supposed to keep getting rain though this Sunday.

Run, Nick, run!

This morning Jan and I had our Doctors appointments for the year, and $916 later, we’re just fine. Heck, I could have told her that for a lot less money, but this is the only way to get our prescriptions written so we don’t have much choice.

After we left the doctor’s, we stopped off at the Egg and I for breakfast about 10am. Then it was on to my client’s to check and be sure the UPS Shipping system was working OK.

Last night I had upgraded it to the 2012 version and also moved it from an XP machine to a new Win 7 machine, and I wanted to make sure it actually would ship a package. I didn’t want them to start trying to do shipments this afternoon and find out it wouldn’t work.

And I’m glad I did. There was a problem with the label printer that didn’t show up until you tried to print an actual label. But I was able to get it figured out and working OK I guess because they didn’t call me this afternoon.

Leaving there we stopped off at Wal-Mart for a few things before heading home. Or at least trying to.

When we tried to leave it was pouring down so hard you couldn’t see the cars in the parking lot.

Thanks again, Nick.

But finally it slacked off and we headed home, for a while at least. On the way our son Chris called and we set up dinner with him, Linda, and granddaughter Piper at Mario’s up in Seabrook for about 5:30.

When we got home, I found Mister in my chair doing his best Jabba the Hutt imitation, and giving me that look that says. “WHAT?”

Mister the Hutt

After dinner and a quick stop at a client’s, we went by Brandi’s to pick up the 2GB of RAM that had come in for a laptop I’m working on. After cleaning all the viruses and malware out, it was still glacially slow. Turns out it only had 640MB of RAM in it. But bumping it up to the max of 2GB really makes it run.

Today we had to get up early for 8am doctor appointments, tomorrow I have a 9am client appointment 45 minutes away, and Friday morning we have to take Brandi to the airport at 8:45.

This is getting up early is getting old quick. Stop it!


Thought for the Day:

The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty. – Prov 22:3)



2 Responses

  1. Howdy Greg,

    How come we can’t get some of that moisture up here?? Joyce went out and said it was kinda misty awhile ago then went back out and it had quit.. Thatz our spotty showers!! If that cat weighs less that 34#
    I’ll eat a whole order of those XXXXXHOTTT wingz!!! He iz HUGE!!
    Hope all iz well on the Gulf!!!

  2. Hey, just get Nick to come up there and the rain will follow.

    Well, get ready to chow down on the wings cause he only weighs about 25#. But he’s not really fat, he’s just big boned.

    Picking him up is a lot picking up a watermelon. He’s just solid.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: